I have a couple of days before I can start the things I have been planning, got to do something.
After I did some work with paper on the “space flowers” I decided to go bigger and get more paper, A lot more paper.
I started out with some Finfoam…
then I got to work and soon I had this
That is the base. At this point I had very little idea about the next stage which…
was pretty easy, just putting peaces together one by one.
After I had the bottom wired I tried to imagine the wings.
When I got the wings in my head and the day was over I had this. I am very anxious to go back tomorrow and do more, more, more.
Over the month the big bird has been slowly building up.
First I had to figure out the wing size and shape.
After I had it figured I made the frames for the wings.
Added some more support.
And then covered the whole thing with paper.
Then I got my hands on the head.
After the head was done I mounted it in place.
And began the work on the base.
And this is the stage right now.
The next step will take a lot of time. I am going to cover the whole thing with paper. Feathers, lots of feathers and ash on the base.
After a huge amount of work I will eventually get to paint it and make it look hot.